Wizard101 is a hugely popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by KingsIsle Entertainment. The players are students in one of the seven schools of magic within the game and their ultimate goal is to save the Spiral. The way the game progresses, is by way of players learning spells, engaging in combat to eliminate evil opponents in different worlds. Players move from one level to another collecting new equipment, gold and acquiring new skills. Players are assigned to different schools of wizardry based on a personality test that is administered at the start of the game when a person registers.
The game starts in the world of Wizard City. There are several regions within a particular world and a person progresses in different regions. Then, as a player moves to new levels, he or she can move to different worlds, which become accessible one by one. The different worlds on the game are: Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, MooShu, Dragonspyre, Celestia, Grizzleheim and Wintertusk, Wysteria, Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca.
In general, in order to make a map of a world visible, the user can press M on the keyboard and navigate to the spell book. There is a map icon on the right hand side. If you click on the magnifying glass in the corner, the map enlarges and you can see all the regions clearly.
Map of Wizard City
This is the first of the world’s, where all players start the game. This is the only world that is played without players needing subscription and extra powers or equipment. The world is divided into the following regions, eight out of which are accessible to all players in the beginning. Regions become accessible by paying crowns or becoming a paid member. The free areas are:
- Unicorn Way: It is here that you can participate in the PVP battles against anyone of your choice. The person might or might not be your friend
- Olde Town: This town is hard to forget because you run through it for some time. This is the entrance for three streets. This town has a smith.
- Triton Avenue teleport: It is the home of Kraken and players gather here in numbers for the iconic battles. You need to unlock the teleport down to assess the area.
- Nightside: This is the area where School Of Death escaped to after being torn from Ravenwood. You can find the Mortis (Death Tree) that offers spell can be found here. It is behind the waterfall that is there in the Commons.
- Golem Court: This is the area where you can regain your health as it is a neutral area. There is a Golem Tower, the focus of the quest chain thrown by Regina Fametalon. This place also has a smith.
- Pet Pavillion: It is here that you can level the pets and also play in pet durby.
- Shopping District: Here, there are dye shops from where you can get the clothes colored. You can find shops for all kinds, but in most cases waste until you reach level 30.
- Ravenwood: It is the location of the teachers.
This game is surely very enticing as there are so many things that you can engage into.